Friday 3 May 2013

Cafe Jazz Project at Cafe Del Mondo 2pm 3/5/13

Cafe Jazz Project at Cafe Del Mondo
The answer: Here! The question: Where is the jazz in the Jazz Festival? Many have made joke about this Festival not really being a jazz festival but rather a general music festival, I tell you now the music being performed here in Cafe Del Mondo is none other than top quality jazz clarinet and guitar playing. The Cafe Jazz Project could not be better named. The the music is soothing, rich, melodic and so well executed. This my friends, is Jazz.
This is definitely the kind of thing I look forward to when the Jazz Festival comes along. To watch a jazz guitarist play is a "where's wally" of chords I have the ability to play myself and although I've never tried my hand at clarinet I did play the alto sax for a few years so am suitable agog at the talent on display. If you can't catch them over the weekend get a jook online even. Here's a clip of them playing at Fitzroys Restaurant also in Derry.

No comments:

Post a Comment