Friday 3 May 2013

Gay McIntyre & Joe Quigley at The Rocking Chair 3pm 3/5/13

Joe Quigley & Gay McIntyre at The Rocking Chair
He never fails to impress, Gay McIntyre, playing here in The Rocking Chair lounge with accompaniment from Joe Quigley. I've never been in the lounge here before and on my way here wondered how all the people that would come to see Gay would fit in. I came, I saw, I learned, their lounge is quite big and so is the crowd that has come along.
Again the family element shine through with both young and old filling the room to listen to the intricate melodies coming from both Joe and Gay. As I've stated before in the previous blog this is another case of where there IS jazz in the Jazz Festival, and quality jazz at that. At Gay's age, and it's no secret he's pushing on a bit, his music is still fluid, alive and faultless. It's no wonder he's a local celebrity and will continue to be. Could you imagine a Jazz Festival without him? I don't think I could, his performances with his son, Paul, are a special treat too if you get the chance. Paul will be playing tomorrow at 2pm in the Playhouse Theater. Ever seen a PhD level pianist? there's your chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment